We all know the main uses of dumbwaiters and why they were created: to transport food and drink between floors of a home or business. But why stop there, with so many creative uses to this type of lift?
Check out these uses you haven’t yet thought of for your dumbwaiter.
Top Uncommon Uses of Dumbwaiters
- Secure money transport: Financial institutions, such as banks and credit unions, can use dumbwaiters for moving money, currency, valuables and gold bars between floors of their facility in a secure manner.
- Firewood storage: Many people choose to store firewood in their basement, hauling it upstairs to the wood stove when needed. With a dumbwaiter, you can save your back and make the process of transporting logs much more efficient.
- Moving of goods: Retail and department stores that need to move goods between floors for use on the sales floors from storage areas can use dumbwaiters for a faster process.
- Storage: If you have lots of things stored in your basement or attic, use dumbwaiters to access those items. Acting like mini freight elevators, dumbwaiters carry items such as boxes of clothing and toys between floors of your home so you don’t have to haul such heavy loads.
- Hazardous materials: Hazardous materials located on the main floors of a warehouse or factory can expose both customers and workers to dangerous materials. Dumbwaiters offer a better transport option that’s safer for all involved.
Top Common Uses
Now that you know some unusual usages of dumbwaiters, let’s take a look at the most common ones.
- Groceries: Busy homeowners who just went food shopping can transport their bulging bags of groceries to the kitchen and other areas from the ground floor, saving wasted trips.
- Food service: If you like to entertain, you can use dumbwaiters to bring hot plates, trays and drinks between the prep areas and the serving areas. This not only gives you a break from going up and down stairs with heavy trays, it helps to keep food hot and drinks cold during transport. These are typically used in restaurants, homes, hospitals, nursing homes and schools.
- Sports Equipment: As a sports parent, you know how heavy and smelly your kids’ sports equipment can be. Why not use a dumbwaiter to get their equipment and uniforms from the ground floor to the laundry room or their bedroom?
- Laundry: Overflowing baskets of laundry can pose a trip hazard on the stairs. Instead, people often use their dumbwaiter to transport their bins from laundry rooms to bedrooms and back again.
- Disabilities: Dumbwaiters offer a great convenience to the elderly or disabled, as they can use these lifts to send luggage and groceries between floors without having to transport these items themselves, thus reducing the physical stress associated with disabilities and advancing age.
Contact Mowrey Elevator
With lots of dumbwaiters in stock and ready to be installed, you can partner with Mowrey with confidence. Just get in touch with our team now.